As business leaders, among the most important investments we can make are the ones we make in ourselves. Even in the world of eCommerce, where transactions take place without the need for face to face human contact, attending conferences and trade shows is a great way for me and the OCR team to network with peers and learn about the latest developments and trends.
If you’re like me and most professionals I know, your time and budget are increasingly stretched. So, here is a quick overview of some of next year’s top conferences. While this list is by no means exhaustive, I hope it helps you narrow down those that are best suited for you and your business objectives.
Top eCommerce events coming up in 2017:
January 15-17, 2017 – New York, NY
This event brings together professionals from all aspects of the retail industry to share their stories, struggles, and successes. Learn from the industry leaders.
- Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
- Kip Tindell, Co-Founder and Chairman of The Container Store
- Brian Krzanich, CEO of Intel
- Lars Petersson, CEO of IKEA US
February 2, 2017 – Berlin, Germany
This event is part of a network of events hosted in capital cities around the CEE market. The exhibition is dedicated to circuit eCommerce, online marketing, hosting & cloud computing, social media and mobile services for eComm sector.
- Moritz Corbelin, Head of E-Commerce Strategy at Otto Group
- Laurence Kozera (Foucault), Global Product Partnerships at Google
- Annegret Mayer, Head of Legal Department
February 14-15, 2017 – Tokyo, Japan
The first B2B trade exhibition focusing on eCommerce solutions in Japan, the eCommerce Expo provides leading companies the opportunity to introduce the latest solutions and services for eEommerce and online shopping.
February 27 – March 2, 2017 – Barcelona, Spain
Mobile World Congress is the world’s largest gathering for the mobile industry. The 2017 event will provide an essential, in-depth coverage of the contemporary and future mobile industry, highlighting specific areas of growth and opportunity for businesses and innovators.
- John Stankey, CEO, AT&T Entertainment Group, AT&T Services Inc.
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises, GSMA
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
February 27 – March 2, 2017 – Palm Springs
Presenters at eTail West share new industry innovations, provide tips to help businesses increase their profits, and help professionals develop new connections within the retail industry.
- Mark Walker, CEO of JackThreads
- Jerry Hum, Co-Founder & CEO of Touch of Modern
- Chris Thorne, CMO of The Honest Company
- Eduardo Frias, CIO of Beachbody
March 7-8, 2012 – St. Albans, UK
eTail Connect bills itself as a “one-stop shop” for senior eCommerce executives from the top 250 UK retailers. An event unlike any other, conference organizers use in-depth profiling to ensure that attendees’ needs closely match with the business solutions presented. A great place to network with business decision makers and leads.
Confirmed attendees include:
- Chairman, ASOS (Top 25 IRUK)
- CIO, House of Fraser (Top 10 IRUK)
- COO, Tesco (Top 25 IRUK)
- Head of Technology – Digital Experience, ASOS.com (Top 25 IRUK)
- Online Director, Sainsbury’s
March 8-10, 2017 Orlando, Florida
Some of the top eCommerce experts will be at the ROI Revolutions Summit to share their most effective strategies, advice, success stories, and more.
- Ryan Holiday, Author of Growth Hacker Marketing
- Neil Wieloch, Director Insight & Strategy, 1800 Contacts
- Joe Thompson, Vice President of Marketing, BuildDirect
March 8-9, 2917 – London, UK
Retail Live features speeches, presentations, and interactive workshops with some of the business world’s most influential leaders and personalities. The place to network with the top players in the retail industry.
March 19-22, 2017 Aria, Las Vegas
Shoptalk bills itself as the new blockbuster retail and eCommerce event. Topics covered include the rapid evolution of how consumers discover, shop and buy—from new technologies and business models to changes in consumer preferences and expectations.
- Peter Faricy, VP Amazon Marketplace, Amazon
- Marc Lore, President, CEO, Walmart eCommerce, Us
- Suja Chandrasekaran, CIO, Kimberly-Clarke Corp.
- Brian Cornell, Chairman & CEO, Target
March 23, 2017 – Worcestershire, UK
This event is designed for retailers, offering the opportunity to meet industry peers in a relaxed and informal setting. The conference brings together some of the biggest names in the convenience and forecourt sector. (By invitation only)
March 27-29, 2017 – Grand Hyatt, New York
Attending the Shopper Marketing Summit provides an essential learning opportunity for senior-level brand manufacturers, retailers, agency executives and other solution providers who create successful, collaborative online shopping programs.
Symposiums, general sessions and breakout seminars focus on concrete ideas, insights and solutions that influence customers along the buyers’ journey.
April 20 – 21, 2017 – Tucson, AZ
This event offers practical information, proven techniques and ground-breaking ideas that enable individuals and organizations to succeed in the intensely competitive, global marketplace. This year’s audience will have the opportunity to listen in on discussions with industry luminaries, moderated by Macy’s CEO Terry J. Lundgren.
May 8-10, 2017 – Chicago
This digital and eCommerce conference was established to bring manufacturers and distributors together to discover new eComm leads and retailers in their marketplaces.
Attendees have the chance to share their ideas, insights, success, and learnings when it comes to digital strategies for businesses.
- Michelle Fields, Senior Director, Marketing & eCommerce, Brock White
- Dale Kendall, VP eCommerce, Wesco Distribution
- Akin Tosyali, Director, Digital Marketing, Grainger
- Steve Baruch, SVP, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, MSC Industrial
May 8-9, 2017 – London, UK
This conference bills itself as Europe’s best and fastest growing event for retail and hospitality, drawing tens of thousands of visitors from the UK, Europe, and around the world.
May 17-18, 2017 – San Francisco
eCommerce Innovation brings 28 speakers together with and interactive audience of 100 senior level leaders working in eCommerce, marketing, retail sales and digital technology.
- Ashvin Kumar, Co-Founder & CEO TopHatter
- Chintan Mehta, VP, Digital Engineering, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Edward Mabanglo, Analytics Principal, Nordstrom
- Shea Beck, Head of eCommerce, UrbanDaddy
- Brion Hickey, Growth Product, Cisco
June 6-9, 2017 – Chicago
Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition (IRCE) offers the chance to mingle with industry experts and benefit from topnotch agenda content in an exhibit hall filled with the latest and greatest solution providers. Network with thousands of your eComm industry peers.
June 14-15, 2017 – Chicago
The Big Data & Analytics for Retail Summit brings together analytics executives and data scientists working in retail, eCommerce and consumer goods, offering unique insight into the innovations that drive their success.
June 14-16, 2017 – Chicago
With over 650 attendees, the 3PL Summit is the largest and most high-level gathering of logistics executives and their manufacturer and retailer supply chain counterparts in North America. The Summit allows attendees to network with industry professionals and connect with new ecom leads in the logistics sector.
June 19-22, 2017 – San Jose, CA
Money 20/20 Europe
June, 2017 – Copenhagen, Denmark
Money20/20 Europe brings together key stakeholders in the world of commerce, from payments and financial services providers, banks and non-banks, the mobile ecosystem, the online and brick and mortar retail industry to marketing and data companies, investors, advisory firms and government agencies.
The Money 20/20 US conference takes place in Las Vegas in October. See below for details.
July 30-August 1, 2017 – New York
The place to be for eCommerce leads. This event draws over 5,500 attendees to visit three exhibition areas with 300 booths of vendors, merchants, technology providers, digital agencies, and other affiliate marketing experts.
August 14-17, 2017 – Boston
A global trade show that is dedicated to providing the latest insights, strategies, tools and resources for eCommerce and multi-channel retail innovators.
September 25-27 – Los Angeles
The event is expected to attract over 5,000 attendees and have over 280 booths sharing the latest technology solutions, digital tactics, and inspirational new ideas. Due to its large size, this event offers an excellent opportunity to network and make new connections with eCommerce leads and retailers.
- Adam Grant, Author of Originals and Professor at The Wharton School of Business
- Mariam Naficy, Founder and CEO, Minted
- Trevor Hardy, CEO, The Future Laboratory
October 22-25, 2017 – Las Vegas
The 2017 Money 20/20 conference is the largest event to specifically focus on payments and financial services innovation. The conference and exhibition hosts over 10,000 attendees, of which over 1,000 are CEOs, 500 are speakers, from over 3,000 companies and 75 countries.
- Moira Forbes, Executive Vice President, Forbes Media
- Pali Bhat, Global Head of Payment Products, Google
- Vicky Bindra, Global Head, Products & Solutions, Visa
- Jack Dorsey, CEO & Founder, Square
November 6-9, 2017 – Las Vegas
An event that offers attendees a multi-track program with speakers who are industry leaders in social media and search engine optimization.
- Julie Ewald, CEO & Creative Director, Impressa Solutions
Dennis Yu, Chief Technology Officer, BlitzMetrics
- Purna Virji, Senior PPC Training Manager, Bing Ads, Microsoft
- Carolyn Shelby, Director of SEO, Tribune Publishing
November 6-9, 2017 – Lisbon, Portugal
Because, increasingly, all industries are ‘tech industries.’ This event draws tech CEOs, founders, startups, and investors as well as media people and political leaders from around the world. Presentations and workshops tackle the biggest challenges facing a world becoming increasingly technologically advanced and interconnected.
- John Chambers, Executive Chairman, Cisco Systems
- Sean Rad, Co-Founder & CEO, Tinder
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Actor & Founder, HitRECord
- Mike Schroepfer, CTO, Facebook
Attending industry events gives you the opportunity to network with the leaders in your field and learn from their successes and strategies. It’s a great chance to get out of your own head, meet new people, and share each others’ success stories and key learnings. The value of these face-to-face interactions should be something to keep in mind when planning your budget for 2017. The OCR team will be at many of the top eCommerce events next year. Hopefully we’ll see you there.